Ecotourism is about uniting preservation, communities and Sustainable Travel. This means that those who offer ecotourism activities should adopt the following principles:
– Minimize physical, social and behavioral impacts.
– Build environmental and cultural awareness and respect.
– Provide positive experiences for both visitors and hosts.
– Provide direct financial benefits for conservation.
– Generate financial benefits for both local people and private industry.
– Deliver memorable experiences to visitors that help raise tourist’s sensitivity.
– Design, construct and operate environmentally friendly facilities.
– Recognize the rights and spiritual beliefs of the Indigenous People and create empowerment.
Still, it is not easy to build up an ecotourism project. Do you want to give it a try?
Check out that link and try out the Interactive Ecotourism Game. You will find out that it is not that easy to build up a ecotourism project and that many pitfalls are waiting for you.